Work (play?) on the Autonomous Robot has triggered a large stream of activity including:
- Using the Processing code to control a Nanode acting as a logic analyser for the robot Arduino controller.
- using BusPirate as logic analyser
- using RGB LEDs to display the robots sensor data “view” of it’s environment
- struggling with bad wiring (bread board jumpers), possible power supply issues with batteries and possibly with shield used.
- Trying to work around the on board goodies (resistors, LEDs) of Arduino as these can really interfere with some circuits.
- Exploring CodeBlocks and Doxygen use in large Arduino projects (both are really useful!)
- Exploring how much code and variables you can ‘stuff’ into an Arduino …. before instability kicks in as well as the techniques used to ‘save memory’.
- (re)discovering that the Arduino has more digital pins (all the analogue pins are also digital!) and if you really want to squeeze some more, then change some fuses!
More on all of these in coming posts.